Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Life dominoes

 One thing after another lately.  Life with its computer connections  contributed its share of frustrations.  Technology in this day and age certainly qualifies  for that descriptive phrase, "Can't live with it, can't live without it!"

 Not complaining about the actual computer, but the internet  gave up the ghost for several days running.  Finally solved the problem, and it was individualized, my neighbor's were fine, my tower was fine, etc.  But of course I didn't have the necessary numbers to call the provider, because those numbers were on an internet site.  At least that is something I can fix for future needs.  No doubt but that there will be a need down the road. 

My refrigerator/freezer greeted me one morning with warm milk and thawing frozen foods.  On the day of my deadlines for my newspaper job, always the way things time somehow!  But with the help of a friend, things got unloaded.   There was room in  another freezer for a temporary transfer. A repairman showed up and was able to locate the problem.  It was fixable, I wasn't going to have to shell out dollars for a new fridge.   I was a little late, but the newspaper stuff made it in on the needed day.

A few days later the internet was back at it.  It was on, no, it was off.  Then it was on, etc. Refresh, gone refresh,  but---no.  Finally a message from the provider managed to come through in an 'on ' moment to say they were having problems.  But they were glad I was a 'loyal customer', can't say that helped any.  This  disruption in the normal routine of  my life took several days before it solidified  sufficiently to give any confidence that  there really was life 'out there'  wherever things go in computerland, and moving forward was not going to compromised. 

So, instead of feeling totally negative about  things I searched for the good lessons.  One, remembering life without technology was quite enjoyable.  Two, waiting, patience, is really a quality that all of us need to learn. 3. appreciate the skills of others, seen and unseen, who can come to our aid.    Life is good, with or without our modern challenges, it has been, and is, and will be.  Gratitude helps to heal frustrations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment